Counting Down Theater’s 10 Most Outrageous Puppets in Honor of Off-Broadway's Hand to God
February 19th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
This winter, MCC Theater introduces off-Broadway audiences to foul-mouthed sock puppet Tyrone, star of the devilish comedy Hand to God.
In honor of Tyrone’s arrival, we look back on other puppets that have made us smile and blush. From simply cheeky to wildly outrageous, these 10 puppets left a lasting impression on theater audiences.
10. Joey, War Horse
9. Timon, The Lion King
8. Cabaret Décadanse, La Soiree
7. Roxie Hart, Chicago
6. Chairy, The Pee-Wee Herman Show
5. Miss Piggy, 'Manhattan Melodies'/Muppets Take Manhattan
4. Lucy the Slut, Avenue Q
3. The Cast, 'Lease'/ Team America
2. Audrey 2, Little Shop of Horrors
1. Bad Idea Bears, Avenue Q
If you like these outrageous and shocking puppets, don't miss MCC Theater's Hand to God, now playing at the Lucille Lortel Theatre through March 30.