Kaitlyn Bristowe became a TV star thanks to her time as a contestant on ABC's The Bachelor and as the lead on the eleventh season of The Bachelorette. The Canadian beauty crossed a major moment off her bucket list this year when she made her Broadway debut in the joyful holiday concert Home for the Holidays. BroadwayBox caught up with Kaitlyn to hear about the experience, her Broadway dream roles, and drinking wine with Chenoweth.
1. How did this opportunity making your debut in Home for the Holidays happen?
I think the universe was just answering my childhood dreams.
2. How’s your dog? What’s on his Christmas wish list this year?
He is amazing. I heard he really wants a little brother or sister golden retriever! Or maybe that’s just me.
3. If you could have a glass of wine with any Broadway star for your podcast, Off the Vine, who would you choose?
Probably Kristin Chenoweth.
4. Which is more stressful filming The Bachelorette or opening a new Broadway show?
Filming Bachelorette. There’s way more pressure on me as the bachelorette with millions watching and judging as you make life altering decisions!
5. You grew up loving Broadway. What’s your favorite role you ever played? What’s a dream role now?
I was THE fiddler on the roof!! My dream role now would be Glinda the nice witch in Wicked.
6. What’s something you and Shawn are excited to do this holiday season in NYC?
Go skating, and see the Christmas tree!!! We are also excited to have snow!!! We haven’t had that in Nashville yet and we both grew up living in snowy weather! Feels more like Christmas
7. Does Shawn have any secret musical talents? Do you sing together at home?
He’s a pretty good singer when he doesn’t try. And I’m not even being funny he has great hand drum skills.
Don't miss Kaitlyn Bristowe in Home for the Holidays at Broadway's August Wilson Theatre through December 30.