Your Cinco de Mayo Is Not Complete Without These New, Easy School of Rock Margaritas Recipes
The brilliant team over at Broadway's hit musical School of Rock is ready to amp up your Cinco de Mayo with these new margaritas inspired by Dewey Finn, Rosalie Mullins, and the badass Andrew Lloyd Webber score. Smash a guitar and feel like a real rock god with these four simple School of Rock margarita recipes.
The Classic Rock
Ingredients (makes 8):
● 2 c. sweets and sour mix
● 1 c. triple sec
● 1 1⁄2 gold tequila
● 1/3 c. brandy-based orange liqueur
● 2 limes, quartered
1. Salt the rims of 8 glasses. To do so, pour salt onto a small plate, rub the rims of the glasses with lime, and press them into the salt. Fill the glasses with ice.
2. In a blender, combine sweet and sour mix, triple sec, tequila and orange liqueur. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and squeeze a quarter lime into each glass.
Ingredients (makes 8):
● 2⁄3 c. lime juice
● 1 c. tequila
● 1⁄4 c. Cointreau
● 4 tbsp. sugar
● Coarse salt, for rim
● 4 beers
1. Combine ice, lime juice, tequila, Cointreau and sugar in a blender, pulsing to combine.
2. Place salt on a shallow plate. Dip the rim of each glass in lime juice or water, then in the salt.
3. Fill each glass with margarita mixture. Pop the caps off of the beer bottles, then flip each one upside-down into the margarita glass. (A little beer will empty into the cup, but once the neck of the bottle has sunk into the frozen margarita, it will stop pouring out.)
The Prickly Principal
Ingredients (makes 10):
● Coase pink salt, for rimming glasses
● 1 lime wedge
● 3 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
● 3 c. silver tequila
● 2 c. prickly pear syrup
● 1 c. orange liqueurc
1. In a small, shallow plate, add the pink salt. Rub the rims of 10 margarita glasses with the lime wedge and then dip the rims into the salt.
2. Fill a pitcher with ice, then add the lime juice, tequila, prickly pear syrup and orange liqueur. Stir, then strain into the prepared glasses before letting loose to Stevie Nicks.
Too Hot For You
● 1 1⁄2 oz. tequila
● Spicy tequila (to taste)
● 1 oz. Grand Mariner
● 1 1⁄4 oz. sweet and sour mix
● Sime power
● Serrano pepper
1. Begin by adding ice into a pint glass.
2. Pour in an ounce and a half of tequila.
3. Add a splash of spicy tequila and an ounce of Grand Marnier.
4. Add the sweet and sour mix, then shake.
5. Rim the glass with the paprika, salt, and lime powder.
Let the party rage on at 'School of Rock' at Broadway's Winter Garden Theatre.