Wallflowers Star Max Crumm Talks Dating, Matchmaking and Comic Sex Appeal
May 13th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
Grease and Easy A alum Max Crumm brings awkward adorability to the role of unlucky in love bartender Linus on the funny and captivating web series Wallflowers. Created by Kieran Turner, the show follows members of a support group for people who can’t get dates, and it’s jam-packed with Broadway faces. BroadwayBox caught up with Crumm to get the skinny on dating, boozing and napping.
1. If someone wanted to become a new fan of Wallflowers, this is the episode they should start with:
Episode 4 because that's the first time I have a scene with the wonderful Susan Louise O'Connor!
But…truly episode 2 is an excellent opportunity to key into the storyline and jump-start the show!
2. Playing matchmaker with your friends: yay or nay
Yes, but it doesn't usually last…I've set some friends up but they don't stay together. :/
3. Craziest thing I’ve done to get a date:
4. The NYC bar I enjoy so much, I’d work there:
Jekyll and Hyde in Times Square! Have you been there? I'm a sucker for anything that resembles a theme park! Plus, the bar stools go up and down.
5. Peanuts character I most relate to:
Snoopy, because I'm usually napping and I am also a dog.
6. My ultimate date night would include:
A scary movie…and pizza in any form.
7. Comic book character I’d go on a date with:
Or Poison Ivy.
Because they are both very sexy. New episodes of 'Wallflowers' air on Stage17 TV (the new web channel dedicated to theatre-centric programming) every Thursday.