9 Ways We Are All Michael Cera in This Is Our Youth
September 12th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
The acclaimed revival of Kenneth Lonergan’s This Is Our Youth is dazzling critics and audiences at the Cort Theatre. It’s a show for anyone who has ever been young and lost—at certain times frighteningly so. No seriously, watching Michael Cera’s Warren is like watching a cringe-worthy version of yourself on stage. Like do we have a case, because Warren, as played by Cera, is us and all of our friends. Below are nine ways we are all Michael Cera’s Warren in This Is Our Youth.
1. He’s Bad with Money
2. He’s Super Awkward Around His Crush
3. He Then Lives Outside His Means to Impress Said Crush
4. Warren Is Not the Most Athletic
5. He Keeps His Childhood Toys for Too Long
6. He Doesn’t Know What to Do With His Hands
7. Warren Depends on Friends & Family to Survive
8. And Then There’s the Trap of Staying Friends with the Wrong People for Too Long
9. Warren's Dance Moves Aren’t the Coolest
This Is Our Youth runs at the Cort Theatre through January 4, 2015.