10 Photos From the Week on Broadway That Made Us Say Testify!
March 21st, 2014
by Josh Ferri
It’s Friday and it’s spring! But before you go frolicking about, BroadwayBox wants to show some R.E.S.P.E.C.T to the 10 photos from the week on Broadway that made us say, “testify.”
10. Robin De Jesus and his back-up boys rehearse for Broadway Cares’ Broadway Backwards event. We’ve been wracking our brains figuring out what number they could be readying; best guess so far is a “Roxie” spoof “Robin.”
9. Speaking of Ms. Roxie Hart, check out this killer photo of Chicago leading ladies Amra-Faye Wright and Anne Horak giving a congratulatory smooch to the musical’s new star, Olympic figure skater, Elvis Stojko.
8. This colorful production photo of Kinky Boots’ new stars Jeanna de Waal and Andy Kelso will make everybody say yeah.
7. As the #worldsmosttalkedaboutcouple
trends on Twitter thanks to Kim & Kanye, we want to remind you of the world’s actually most
talked about adorable couple: Sirs Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. Stewart tweeted this photo of the best pals earlier with the caption “Wonder Wheeeeel!” Only 12 chances left to see their brilliant Broadway performances.
6. Photographer Bruce Glikas captured Of Mice and Men headliners Chris O’Dowd and James Franco taking their first bow on Broadway. Franco’s smirk is like a little kid on picture day, and we LOVE it.
5. How fun are the guys behind the magical new Broadway smash Aladdin? Headliner Adam Jacobs and director/choreographer Casey Nicholaw celebrate opening night with a cut-out of their acclaimed Genie, James Monroe Iglehart.
4. Matt Doyle is serving fierce determination and subtle sexy as he goes “Stroke by Stroke” in the new rock musical Jasper in Deadland.
3. Double the Madame Rose, double the fun! Tony-winning Gypsy headliner Patti LuPone and, fellow Tony-winning Rose, Tyne Daly kiki backstage at Mothers and Sons.
Photo Credit: Bruce Glikas
Photo Credit: Damon Winter/'The New York Times'
Photo Credit: Billboard.com