Five Burning Questions with Rock of Ages Star Mitchell Jarvis
Original Rock of Ages star Mitchell Jarvis gave Broadway audiences plenty of laughs as Lonny, and now he returns to the '80s tuner to drive ‘em wild as rock god Stacee Jaxx. Between stints as Lonny and Stacee, Jarvis has co-created and co-starred in the smart and highly addictive Hulu series it could be worse and he appears in the upcoming film Opening Night. BroadwayBox caught up with Jarvis to talk porn star agents, dating Wonder Woman and crying over Disney toys.
1. What would you have in your backstage rider if you were Stacee Jaxx kind of rock star?
To always have a bowl of skittles that still feature lime...The change to sour apple has ruined the entire balance of the bag.
2. I love your character on it could be worse; what’s your worst agent story?
The ex-porn star story line from it could be worse is a true one...though there wasn't a scandal... and I kinda loved it. So I guess it wouldn't be my worst story after all…
3. If you were an ‘80s rock star, what other famous ‘80s star would you have wanted to date?
In first grade, I had a monster crush on Wonder Woman's Lynda Carter... Definitely Lynda Carter...
4. What’s your desert island ‘80s album?
I'm going off road to say Off the Wall... My favorite Michael Jackson album.
5. What’s the last movie that made you cry?
I wept at the end of Toy Story 3...Wept.
See Mitchell Jarvis rock out as Stacee Jaxx alongside fellow original cast member Constantine Maroulis in ‘Rock of Ages’ at the Helen Hayes Theatre.