Meet Your New Crush: Disaster!'s Disco Hunk Matt Farcher
February 3rd, 2014
by Josh Ferri
Every disaster needs a hero, and for the hilarious Disaster! The Musical, that hero is New York native Matt Farcher. The 23-year-old newcomer has become the breakout star of the off-Broadway musical, thanks to his insane vocals and boy-next-door good looks. Forget John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, get to know the new king of disco below.
1. My biggest onstage disaster involved
The Beauty and the Beast tour. At one performance, the set for the fight between Beast and Gaston (me) did not show up at all. The music and lights continue, so we started…and halfway through the curtain dropped and all cues stopped. Announcement. We started the fight over five minutes later…
2. The disco song I can’t help but boogie to is
I'm a sucker for the “YMCA.”
3. The ‘70s style I wish I could rock today would include
Tie dye shirt!
4. The electronic I can’t live without is
Phone. For all the best reasons—plus my mom would kill me if I didn't call regularly, so I'd say I literally wouldn't live without that.
5. When I was younger, my dream was to be
A professional baseball player.
6. My celebrity crush is
Absolutely Jessica Biel.
7. My favorite thing to do on my day off is
Play Cards Against Humanity with my friends/fellow cast members, or go home and eat at my parents’ bagel shop (with the family of course) and play with our dogs.
8. The most-played album on my iPod is
I don't have an iPod but I listen to Gavin DeGraw probably the most.
9. My favorite snack is
Chipotle chips! God they are sooo good.
10. My dream vacation would take me to
All inclusive island resort. I'm such a beach bum, AKA avid napper.