Avenue Q Star Darren Bluestone Talks Bad Idea Road Trips, Drunk Purpose Boxes & Muppet Good Son
April 18th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
1. Puppet I would want to grab a drink with:
I think I'd like to get a drink with the Purpose boxes. Those guys look wasted.
2. Puppet I’d want with me on a road trip:
I think going on a road trip with the Bad Idea Bears would be fun. We would get into some unbelievable trouble, but it would be a hell of a story!
3. My favorite musical number from any Muppet movie:
I am currently so obsessed with the new Muppets movie: Muppets Most Wanted, and I can't stop listening to “I'll Get You What You Want.”
4. If I were the mom in the movie The Good Son and I could only save Kermit the Frog or Elmo, who gets saved?
I'd save Elmo cuz he's just a little kid! Kermit is an old frog and can probably handle himself.
5. If I could set up any Avenue Q puppets with Muppets, who would they be?
I would introduce Trekki Monster to Cookie Monster and Animal and watch that disaster.
6. The Avenue Q moment that most mirrors by early 20s in New York is:
I WISH I COULD GO BACK TO COLLEGE.
7. Puppet (or Muppet) I most relate to:
I'd like to think I'm as even-keeled as Kermit, but I think I'm really Fozzie Bear. I am not as funny as I think I am.
See Darren Bluestone in off-Broadway's 'Avenue Q' at New World Stages.