15 Signs You Aren’t Ready To Say, ‘Auf Wiedersehen Hedwig and the Angry Inch’
September 10th, 2015
by Josh Ferri
The Tony-winning musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch concludes its Broadway run on September 13, and it’s going to be hard to say goodbye to our favorite trans German rock goddess. Here are 15 signs that you, like us, are not ready to say goodbye to Hedwig.
1. You’ve considered getting a tattoo of “The Origin of Love” eye.
2. This photo causes a visceral reaction/you can identify exactly what part belongs to whom.
3. You got chills watching one or both of the John Cameron Mitchell on Rosie clips.
4. You still tweet Darren GIFS.
when someone around you says darren criss and you're just pic.twitter.com/n2nOhYIp7x— sydney (@mydarrencriss) August 30, 2015
5. This “Wicked Little Town” line has a whole new meaning as you realize you only have mere days left to see it on Broadway.
6. You consider these holy artifacts.
7. You know each of the Tits of Clay band members and follow at least one of them on Twitter or Instagram.
8. You or someone you know saw Lena Hall’s “Random Number Generation” and you can still work it into conversation.
9. You can attribute improv lines/script changes to each Hedwig. “Tastes like Michael C. Hall.” “The bitch is black.” “I'm very crateful.” "You're wearing a kleenex!"
10. You have a Hurt Locker playbill kept amongst your actual saved playbills.
11. You can practically point to the seats in the theatre that will get car-washed and kissed by Hedwig. Also you know which box the Bishop visits.
12. You scoured the interwebs for bootleg photos of Rebecca’s new butterfly finale costume the night after her first show.
13. You don't need the bouncing balls to sing along to “Wig in a Box”.
14. You’ve seen a “Wig in a Box” wardrobe malfunction.
15. You are still dreamcasting potential Hedwig/Yitzhak combos.
Hedwig plays its final performance on September 13 at Broadway's Belasco Theatre.