Roundabout Theatre Company's Tony-nominated revival of She Loves Me
is thrilling NYC audiences and now generations to come can experience it's glory thanks to the new Sh-K-Boom cast recording
. It's so good, I listened to it straight through twice back-to-back. Below, BroadwayBox reacts in animated GIF to hearing each track for the first time.
1. Overture (Orchestra)
Already so pleasant and sweet.
2. Good Morning, Good Day (Company)
You really can't help but smile as this song goes on.
3. Sounds While Selling (Company)
4. Days Gone By (Byron Jennings)
Makes you just want to grab someone and waltz.
5. No More Candy (Laura Benanti)
6. Three Letters (Zachary Levi & Laura Benanti & Company)
This one has a lot of plot happening here but musically you just want to sway. #Romance
7. Tonight at Eight (Zachary Levi)
We're so lucky to have Zachary Levi back on Broadway.
8. I Don’t Know His Name (Laura Benanti & Jane Krakowski)
Laura AND Jane and both at the top of their game. Dying...
9. Perspective (Michael McGrath)
Hell yeah, Michael McGrath!
10. Goodbye, Georg (Company)
Lots of book here but it's drama and it's it great, and they're all so great.
11. Will He Like Me? (Laura Benanti)
Good god, yes! That Soprano don't quit, not even for a minute. And the acting. The yearning. Praise.
12. Ilona (Gavin Creel)
I want to be Gavin. I want to be Jane. I want to change my address to that jewel box set and just dance around to this.
13. I Resolve (Jane Krakowski)
Listening to this album, it occurs to you at some point like "of course it's this good. They are all Tony and Olivier winners, basically."
14. A Romantic Atmosphere (Peter Bartlett & Company)
15. Mr. Nowack, Will You Please… (Zachary Levi & Laura Benanti)
Laura Benanti is crushing every boring soprano stereotype.
16. Dear Friend (Laura Benanti)
She is slaying this recording in such a way, you're just sitting there like.... Also I'm putting this on my beach playlist 'cause that's how a real theatre nerd rolls.
17. Entr’acte (Orchestra)
Kicking off Act Two like...
18. Try Me (Nicholas Barasch)
Showstopper. He better be back on Broadway again soon.
19. Where’s My Shoe? (Zachary Levi & Laura Benanti)
20. Vanilla Ice Cream (Laura Benanti)
21. She Loves Me (Zachary Levi)
This is pure euphoria.
22. A Trip to the Library (Jane Krakowski)
When Jane Krakowski is so good it kills you but you stay alive long enough to press repeat.
23. Grand Knowing You (Gavin Creel)
Dose Vocals Doe.
24. Twelve Days to Christmas (Company)
Not only do I just love this track but I can't hear it without thinking of Jane Krakowski throwing herself into the perfume onstage. #MusicalComedy
25. Finale (Zachary Levi & Laura Benanti)
If you've listened full-through and got emotionally invested, this is a major "aw" moment.
26. Bows (Orchestra)
What a fantastic album start to finish. Not a "skip song" in sight. It's the new standard recording for 'She Loves Me'.
She Loves Me runs at Studio 54 through July 10.