You Can't Take It With You Tickets
Discount Offers on You Can't Take It With You Tickets
Sorry, this show has closed.
About You Can't Take It With You - On Broadway
- Running Time
- 2 hours and 15 minutes (with 2 intermission)
- Sep 28, 2014
- Feb 22, 2015
- User Reviews
- Write the first review!
You Can't Take It With You Reviews
- The only downside to the unconditional upper called 'You Can't Take It With You' on Broadway is that it may strain previously underused muscles around your mouth. That can happen when you spend two-and-a-half hours grinning like an idiot. A lot of shows can make you laugh. What’s rare is a play that makes you beam from curtain to curtain. Such is the effect of Scott Ellis’s felicitous revival of Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman’s 1936 comedy.
- Ben Brantley, The New York Times
- It is therefore not just a treat but also a lesson in humor to find a 76-year-old play like 'You Can’t Take It With You' still springing off the page and tearing through an audience. It may be a chestnut, but when staged and cast as smartly as this Broadway revival, a chestnut goes down like marron glacé.
- Jesse Green, New York Magazine
- Kaufman & Hart’s splendid comedy boasts a cast of New York greats in a sparkling revival.
- David Cote, Time Out New York
Come join 2-time Tony Award winner James Earl Jones as the head of the wackiest household to ever hit Broadway in Kaufman and Hart’s Pulitzer Prize-winning classic You Can't Take It With You.
He plays wily Grandpa Vanderhof, leader of a happily eccentric gang of snake collectors, cunning revolutionaries, ballet dancers and skyrocket makers. But when the youngest daughter brings her fiancé and his buttoned-up parents over for dinner, that’s when the real fireworks start to fly.