The Lion King Tickets
Discount Offers on The Lion King Tickets
About The Lion King - On Broadway
- Running Time
- 2 hours and 30 minutes (with 1 intermission)
- Great for children 6 and up
- Oct 15, 1997
- Nov 13, 1997
The Lion King Reviews
- Awe-inspiring! Broadway theater is alive again. [Julie] Taymor's imaginative ideas seem limitless. It's a gorgeous, gasp-inducing spectacle. Most important - against all odds - it has innocence. The show appeals to our primal, childlike excitement in the power of theater to make us see things afresh.
- Richard Zoglin, Time Magazine
- Seen purely as a visual tapestry, there is simply nothing else like it. Suddenly, you're 4 years old again, and you've been taken to the circus for the first time. You can only marvel at the exotic procession of animals before you
- Ben Brantley, The New York Times
- Julie Taymor's staging of Disney's The Lion King is a marvel, a theatrical achievement unrivaled in its beauty, brains and ingenuity. Leaping far beyond its celluloid inspiration, the stage version improves upon nearly every aspect of the hit 1994 animated film
- Greg Evans, Variety
Experience the stunning visual artistry, the unforgettable music and the exhilarating choreography of this musical theater phenomenon—one of the most awe-inspiring productions ever brought to life on stage. A remarkable tale of hope and adventure, The Lion King has found its way into the hearts of millions. As The New York Times says, “There is simply nothing else like it.”
Winner of six Tony Awards including Best Musical, Disney’s The Lion King showcases the talents of one of the most acclaimed creative teams on Broadway. Tony Award-winning director Julie Taymor reimagines the popular story using some of the theater’s most extraordinary stagecraft. The Lion King also features the exceptional work of Tony Award-winning choreographer Garth Fagan and a glorious score crafted by the Tony Award-winning songwriting team of Elton John and Tim Rice.
Now is the time to join the circle of life at The Lion King, The Award-Winning Best Musical, playing on Broadway eight times a week at the Minskoff Theatre.