Final Weeks! Must Close August 17, 2014
Sorry, this show has closed.
About Rocky - On Broadway
- Running Time
- 2 hours and 30 minutes (with 1 intermission)
- May be inappropriate for 12 and under.
- Mar 13, 2014
- Aug 17, 2014
- The stage version, directed with immense panache and soaring physicality by Alex Timbers, is very nearly as good [as the movie], an unpretentious slice of honest entertainment whose rock-'em-sock-'em finale will set the snobbiest of theatergoers to cheering in spite of themselves.
- Terry Teachout, The Wall Street Journal
- Rocky delivers edge-of-your-seat thrills — particularly in the final 15 minutes — that underscore the fact that fans of boxing and live theater share some DNA.
- Thom Geier, Entertainment Weekly
- The stage magic that director Alex Timbers and set designer Christopher Barrecawork with the finale fight is so visceral and exhilarating that it sends the audience out on a high.
- David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter
The iconic underdog story Rocky has inspired an innovative new stage production, brought to extraordinary life by a five-time Tony Award-winning creative team, including director Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), songwriting team Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime), and book writers Thomas Meehan (The Producers) and Sylvester Stallone (Rocky, the Oscar-winning Best Picture).
Both an adrenaline-infused spectacle and a surprising tale of blossoming romance between two lonely outsiders, Rocky is a visceral and heart-stopping theatrical experience for everyone brave enough to follow their dream.