Discount Offers on Chicago Tickets
About Chicago - On Broadway
- Running Time
- 2 hours and 30 minutes (with 1 intermission)
- May be inappropriate for 12 and under.
- Oct 23, 1996
- Nov 14, 1996
- Chicago still glitters hypnotically! It remains the best adult entertainment in town; and still bubbles with the joy of performing!
- Ben Brantley, The New York Times
- The show seems to have discovered the fountain of youth. As entertaining as ever. Brash, buoyant and utterly irresistible!
- Mike Kushwara, Associated Press
- As much tribute as revival, the spirit of Fosse's genius never leaves the stage, and Chicago, under Walter Bobbie's sharp direction, will dazzle newcomers to the trademark Fosse dance style and provide a thrilling reminder to those who've seen it before just how smart, sexy and exciting this brand of choreography was, or rather, is.
- Greg Evans, Variety
No wonder Chicago has been honored with six Tony Awards, two Olivier Awards, a Grammy and thousands of standing ovations in cities all around the world. The musical was also adapted into an Oscar-winning film starring Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere and Renee Zellweger.
Chicago follows the murder trial of jazz baby Roxie Hart, who kills her lover in a fit of rage. Along the way, audiences meet fellow murderess Velma Kelly, Roxie's sympathetic husband Amos, and Roxie and Velma's shark lawyer, Billy Flynn