Bright Star Tickets
Discount Offers on Bright StarTickets
Final performance June 26.
Sorry, this show has closed.
About Bright Star - On Broadway
- Running Time
- 2 hours and 30 minutes (with 1 intermission)
- Ages 12+
- Feb 25, 2016
- Mar 24, 2016
- Jun 26, 2016
- User Reviews
- Write the first review!
Bright Star Reviews
- The musical is gentle-spirited, not gaudy, and moves with an easygoing grace where others prance and strut. And it tells a sentiment-spritzed story...Carmen Cusack -- making a simply gorgeous Broadway debut.
- Charles Isherwood, The New York Times
- There's a disarming sweetness and sincerity to this folksy Americana bluegrass musical, created by Steve Martin and Edie Brickell, which makes the tuneful melodrama a pleasurable experience. It also helps that talented lead Carmen Cusack brings such integrity and warmth to her performance.
- David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter
- Bright Star is also downright wonderful -- a multichambered sweetheart of an original that Steve Martin and Edie Brickell created...The large cast is uniformly appealing, with choreography that brings a haunting moodiness to the square dances and jitterbugs. Then there's the score, which builds with rhythmic surprises, melodic complexity and the deep satisfaction of humming and plucking strings.
- Linda Winer, Newsday
Directed by Tony winner Walter Bobbie and inspired by a real event, this “unabashedly romantic” (The New York Times) original musical tells a sweeping tale of love and redemption set against the rich backdrop of the American South in the 1920s and ‘40s. When literary editor Alice Murphy meets a young soldier just home from World War II, he awakens her longing for what she's lost. Haunted by their unique connection, Alice sets out on a journey to understand her past — and what she finds has the power to transform both of their lives.
Propelled by an ensemble of onstage musicians and dancers, the story unfolds as a rich tapestry of deep emotion, beautiful melodies and powerfully moving performances. An uplifting theatrical journey that holds you tight in its grasp, Bright Star is something rare — a Broadway musical that's as refreshingly genuine as it is daringly hopeful.