American Psycho Tickets
Final performance June 5th!
Sorry, this show has closed.
About American Psycho - On Broadway
- Ages 15+
- Mar 24, 2016
- Apr 21, 2016
- Jun 5, 2016
- User Reviews
- Write the first review!
American Psycho Reviews
- The gloriously gory, sleek, over-the-top musical that opened Thursday at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre is a darkly wonderful adaptation of the once-controversial novel by Bret Easton Ellis...
- Mark Kennedy, Associated Press
- The triumph of this American Psycho, directed with gale force and fabulous style by Rupert Goold, is that it doesn't get lost in the details informing its brilliant, brutal satire... Es Devlin's cold, sleek set design...Katrina Lindsay's alternately slick and garish costumes....Walker's witty, terrifying Patrick - disturbingly sexy, then unexpectedly moving- holds us rapt throughout.
- Elysa Gardner, USA Today
- Director Rupert Goold, composer Duncan Sheik and book writer Roberta Aguirre-Sacasa crank up the satirical volume on Bret Easton Ellis' cult novel in a musical with design to die for and a cool, period-appropriate electro-pop score... the show is a very sharp, distinctly theatrical treatment of its source material, in many ways improving on Mary Harron's movie version from 2000...
- David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter
AMERICAN PSYCHO comes home to the city that inspired it.
Based on the best-selling novel by BRET EASTON ELLIS, and set in the epicenter of excess: 1980s Manhattan, this hit musical tells the story of Patrick Bateman, a young and handsome Wall Street banker with impeccable taste and unquenchable desires. Patrick and his elite group of friends spend their days in chic restaurants, exclusive clubs and designer labels. But at night, Patrick takes part in a darker indulgence, and his mask of sanity is starting to slip…
BENJAMIN WALKER (Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson) stars alongside a first-class cast, including Tony Award winner ALICE RIPLEY (Next to Normal), HELÉNE YORKE (Bullets over Broadway), Tony nominee JENNIFER DAMIANO (Next to Normal), and DREW MOERLEIN in his Broadway debut. Featuring a score by DUNCAN SHEIK, the Tony and Grammy Award-winning composer of Spring Awakening, and reinvented for the stage by Olivier Award-winning director RUPERT GOOLD (King Charles III), writer ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA (“Glee”), Tony-nominated choreographer LYNNE PAGE (La Cage Aux Folles) and three-time Olivier Award-winning scenic designer ES DEVLIN (tours for Adele, Beyonce, U2, Kanye West), this new musical is the sexiest show in New York.