Introduce Yourself(ie): 10 Questions with School of Rock Showstopper Bobbi MacKenzie
September 12th, 2016
by Bobbi MacKenzie
Bobbi MacKenzie makes her Broadway debut as shy-girl-turned-showstopper Tomika in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s hit musical School of Rock. Her “Amazing Grace” gets crazy cheers from the crowd and her “If Only You Would Listen (Reprise)” makes your heart sing—you can hear the latter beginning at 2:10 in the video below.
BroadwayBox caught up with Bobbi to talk about life at School of Rock, being inspired by Beyonce, and more.
1. Moment in School of Rock I feel most like a rock god:
While performing "Teacher's Pet" and "Stick It To The Man" finale.
2. My favorite thing to do backstage at SOR:
Talking with my friends in the cast.
3. Three things I need for a two-show-day at School of Rock:
Water, Burt's Bees Honey throat drops and deodorant 😜
4. Moment I knew I wanted to perform:
When I was 3 years old and started listening to music and singing.
5. If I had to rename the School of Rock band, I’d call us:
The Original Rock Squad.
6. TV show I love to watch:
7. Most played album on my phone right now:
Ariana Grande "Dangerous Woman".
8. One thing I’m really passionate about outside of performing:
Reading and writing.
9. In 10 years, I hope to:
Be a singer and actress.
10. As a performer, I am inspired by:
Get to Broadway’s Winter Garden Theatre to hear Bobbi MacKenzie slay in ‘School of Rock’.