Meet Your New Crush: The Cripple of Inishmaan Tony Nominee Sarah Greene
June 2nd, 2014
by Josh Ferri
Irish actress Sarah Greene has been recognized for her breakout performance as the fiery and ferocious Helen McCormick on both sides of the Atlantic: with an Olivier Award nomination in London and a Tony nomination here in New York. Below, The Cripple of Inishmaan star fills us in on Tony dress shopping, the essential app for living in NYC and how to pull off a shameless plug.
1. The thing about Helen I most admire:
Is her strength; she doesn't care if she is liked or not. I wish I were more like that. She's fierce.
2. My favorite place in New York so far:
The High Line on a sunny day.
3. If I had to compare the feeling being Tony-nominated and being Olivier-nominated:
To be nominated at all is pretty surreal. I thrilled I'm nominated for a role I love and have worked hard at. I still don't really feel like it's happening to me!
4. The first person I called after hearing I was Tony-nominated was:
My boyfriend and my parents.
5. The play or film that can make me laugh without fail is:
I'm still laughing at The Cripple of Inishmaan! I sit backstage for scene 4 (Johnnypateen, Mammy and the Doctor scene) and I laugh. I adore listening to the audience reactions every night. I know that's a shameless plug but it's true.
6. Thing I miss most about home:
I miss my own bed and my lovely friends and family. I'm really looking forward to seeing them all.
7. The app on my phone I wouldn’t be able to live without:
City mapper. It's essential for New York living.
8. My favorite artist to sing along to when I’m alone:
9. The most important thing I will consider while picking a Tony dress:
'Will I be able to sit down' is always an important issue to consider.
10. Do you think Cripple Billy and Helen work out in the long run?
If I answered that I'd be giving away the ending wouldn't I, so you'll just have to come see it for yourself!
Get your tickets now to see Sarah Greene as the fierce Helen in ‘The Cripple of Inishmaan’ at the Cort Theatre, and to find out if her and Cripple Billy (Daniel Radcliffe) work out.