Meet Your New Crush: Cabaret Dancer Jessica Pariseau
May 19th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
Inside the world of Cabaret, life is beautiful and so are the girls. However, there's one Kit Kat Klub girl it's impossible to take your eyes off of: Texas, played by the stunning Jessica Pariseau. Below, BroadwayBox chats with Pariseau to find out what it's like sharing the stage with Alan Cumming, the Fosse musical she'd love to dance in and her delicious hobby.
1. The dancer who inspired me when I was younger:
Cyd Charisse. She was tall like me, and I could watch her for days! Her every finger gesture spoke.
2. The wildest thing about working with Alan Cumming:
The wildest thing about working with Alan Cumming is witnessing his astonishing energy, spirit and talents! Yes, he is delicious, devilish and devious (in all the right ways) but he is also a conscientious vegan, a risk-taking artist and the kindest cast-mate one could imagine!
3. My favorite all-time Kander & Ebb song:
Ooo, this is a hard one to answer! There are so many greats. Right now it is “Cabaret.” There are so many effecting ways to perform that song. Hearing it gives me chills each night.
4. The app on my phone I wouldn't be able to live without:
Epicurious! I love to cook and I use it for almost every meal.
5. My signature dish would be:
Narrowing that down to one is hard. Honey, thyme glazed ham is a favorite. French lentils sauté in almost caramelized onions with pine nuts, cherry tomatoes and feta is another. Then for dessert, a butter crust peach and plum pie or Gramercy Tavern's gingerbread with fresh cream is killer!
6. The thing I'll always remember about the night I made my Broadway debut:
My debut was in The Producers. One of the performers had gotten hurt on the set, so I was flown into NY from the national tour, put up in a The Paramount Hotel, had a quick rehearsal with the dance captain and went on. It was exhilarating!
7. If I could dance in any iconic Broadway musical from the past:
Fosse's Sweet Charity! "The Frug" in particular.
8. The TV show everyone should be watching:
The Good Wife. I can't get enough of Alan, so I am catching up on the series. That and Nurse Jackie!
9. My dream vacation would take me to:
Through the Fjords of Scandinavia. I hear they are breathtaking.
10. My favorite all-time movie-musical:
Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.
See the perfectly marvelous Jessica Pariseau in 'Cabaret' at Studio 54.