Tony Award winner Joe Mantello revisits David Harrower's traumatic play, Blackbird. Now nominated for Best Revival of a Play and starring 2016 Tony Nominees Jeff Daniels and Michelle Williams.
Discount Offers on Blackbird Tickets
Sorry, this show has closed.
About Blackbird - On Broadway
- Running Time
- 80 minutes (no intermission)
- Feb 5, 2016
- Mar 10, 2016
- Jun 11, 2016
- User Reviews
- Write the first review!
- Michelle Williams plays the spiky, vengeful and still-broken victim, and Jeff Daniels is the stressed-out, humiliated one-time aggressor. With this indisputably superb cast, the play ducks and weaves enough to take your breath away under Joe Mantello's taut direction.
- Mark Kennedy, Associated Press
- Unyielding in its needling focus, this riveting drama is a stark examination of love, pain and loss that's both compassionate and unforgiving, all of which helps it navigate the move to a bigger stage with a corresponding amplification of its emotional power.
- David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter
- Without in any way glamorizing the situation, Blackbird so complicates the questions of consent and trauma and recovery -- and even love -- that it would be difficult to look at any of these subjects the same way again...
- Jesse Green, Vulture
Tony Award nominee JEFF DANIELS and Academy Award nominee MICHELLE WILLIAMS return to Broadway in DAVID HARROWER's Olivier Award-winning BLACKBIRD. Called “one of the most powerful dramas of the century” by The New York Times, BLACKBIRD is "a brilliant and tantalizing study in sexual obsession that leaves one both shaken and stirred” (The Guardian). Tony Award winner JOE MANTELLO directs this strictly limited engagement.