Although Broadway’s Gigi is coming to an end on June 21, the beauty of the Vanessa Hudgens & Corey Cott led revival will live on thanks to a fantastic new cast recording that was just released through DMI Soundtracks. Below, BroadwayBox reacts in animated GIF (all from films with a French setting of course!) as we listen to the classic Lerner and Loewe score for the first time.
2. Opening (Howard McGillin, Vanessa Hudgens & Company)
Absolutely joyous! Vanessa sounds so sweet in her entrance, and these orchestrations sound so lush.
3. It's a Bore (Corey Cott & Howard McGillin)
That was just swell. Love Corey Cott’s inflections; they are necessary for all future sing alongs.
4. The Parisians (Vanessa Hudgens)
This song is giving me animated Disney princess realness so let’s go with another French Disney princess who breaks boundaries and thinks for herself. (And the GIF movement totally sinks with the song).
5. A Toujours (Steffanie Leigh)
Get it Ms. Leigh with those gorgeous 'Poppins' pipes.
6. The Gossips (Company)
7. She Is Not Thinking of Me (Corey Cott)
This song just makes you want to grab the person next to you and start waltzing around the room.
8. Thank Heaven For Little Girls (Victoria Clark & Dee Hoty)
YAS ladies!! This famous ‘Gigi’ song sung by these two pros is everything. Only Audrey twirling around in a gorgeous gown can do its beauty justice.
9. Paris Is Paris Again (Howard McGillin, Steffanie Leigh & Company)
10. I Remember It Well (Victoria Clark & Howard McGillin)
PERFECTION! Just remain still and let it wash over you as you bash in its beauty, like moonlight.
11. The Night They Invented Champagne (Vanessa Hudgens, Corey Cott, Victoria Clark & Company)
This was the Tony number as you may recall and the act break in the actual show, and it’s great that the album retains its frenzied euphoria and joy even without seeing Bergasse’s choreography.
12. I Never Want to Go Home Again (Vanessa Hudgens)
Again these orchestrations are everything, and Hudgens is the real deal. She really shines on this album.
13. Gaston’s Soliloquy (Corey Cott)
Cott’s pronunciation of “papoose” should have been it’s own track. But also Corey Cott should have received so much more play for this performance. He’s stunning; he is full-out star.
14. Gigi (Corey Cott)
Dat voice doe.
15. The Contract (Dee Hoty, Victoria Clark, James Patterson, Many Stark & Max Clayton)
This over the top GIF of the original cast of ‘La Cage’ barely scrapes the surface of how fabulous Dee Hoty is in this number. #SlayQueen
16. I’m Glad I’m Not Young Anymore (Victoria Clark & Howard McGillin)
Why am I getting emotional every time these two have a duet?
17. The Letter (Vanessa Hudgens)
18. Say a Prayer (Victoria Clark)
19. In This Wide, Wide World (Corey Cott & Vanessa Hudgens)
This is what love sounds like.
20. Finale (Company)
Download your copy of this sweeping, rich cast recording today and just lose yourself in its beauty. I’m imagining moments poolside, at the beach, or a beautiful summer drive.
See the Broadway revival of Gigi at the Neil Simon Theatre before the final performance on June 21.