Five GIFS to Show Why You Can’t Miss Broadway’s The Glass Menagerie
February 20th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
OK, the secret is out: We love John Tiffany’s Broadway revival of The Glass Menagerie, and time is quickly running out for you to get to the Booth Theatre and see this masterpiece live.
There are only five performances left of the Tennessee Williams revival, so BroadwayBox has outlined the top five reasons (in GIF form, of course!) you don’t want to miss this gem.
5. The beautiful stage movement by Steven Hoggett adds an extra element to this production that you may never see again.
4. The scenes between Cherry Jones’ Amanda and Celia Keenan-Bolger’s Laura are some of the best moments in the production—both funny and moving.
3. Brian J. Smith makes your heart sing as The Gentleman Caller.
2. Zachary Quinto (and the character of Tom) has never been more charming. He’s the most likable narrator currently on Broadway.
1. Celia Keenan-Bolger is perhaps the most spectacular Laura Wingfield imaginable. Praise could barely scratch the surface of this performance.
The Glass Menagerie plays at the Booth Theatre through February 23. Save up to $48 on tickets now.