Five Burning Questions with Fool For Love Tony Winner Nina Arianda
October 14th, 2015
by Josh Ferri
1. Why do you love the theatre?
I will quote a child that was on The Ellen Show, which is exactly how I feel. When he said what he said about why he wanted to be a meteorologist, I hysterically started crying because it’s how I feel about theatre and acting in general, and he said, “it defines me.” I think that’s what it is.
2. If you could give your Fool for Love character, May, one piece of advice, what would you tell her?
3. Who is a performer that inspires you?
Let me tell you who is absolutely changing my life right now: the lead singer from Alabama Shakes, Brittany Howard. She is a force and she is a woman who should be given much more. You have to bow down to that woman. She is changing the face of what it means to invest in music and that is just blowing my mind right now.
4. What is a movie you love so much you work quotes into random conversations?
5. What’s a guilty-pleasure TV show you just love?
I definitely watch The Housewives. I’m not going to lie. I do Atlanta, New York and Beverly Hills. It’s so important because I get to shut off for a second.
See Nina Arianda's fiery performance in 'Fool for Love' at Broadway's Samuel J. Friedman Theatre through December 13.