5 Things You Never Knew About The Gazillion Bubble Show
January 6th, 2015
by Deni Yang
If you are looking to introduce the young child in your life to live theatre, there is no better show for them than the interactive, internationally-acclaimed and long-running off-Broadway hit The Gazillion Bubble Show. Kids can touch the bubbles, hop on stage and even go inside a bubble—it’s an afternoon they will adore. BroadwayBox asked Deni Yang, one of the stars of the off-Broadway production, to share with us five secrets from The Gazillion Bubble Show.
1. The Gazillion Bubble Show by the numbers:a. 5 Gazillion Bubble Stars (Fan, Ana , Deni, Melody and Jano)
b. 6 types of bubbles solution used in each show
c. Over 40 gallons of bubble solution used in New York each week
d. 50 bubble machines used in each show
2. Created over 25 years ago, Fan Yang creator of The Gazillion Bubble Show started his entertainment career with circus arts including juggling, martial arts, knife throwing, carpet aerials, and pyro acrobatics. He soon introduced bubbled into his repertoire and it took center stage, and he went on to build the largest bubble show in the world.
3. The Gazillion Bubble Show holds 19 Guinness World records including:a. "The World’s Largest Bubble" stretching just over 170ft in length.
b. "The World’s Largest Land Mammal Encapsulated in a Bubble" (the elephant loved it by the way.)
c. "The Most Consecutive Bubble Domes within each Layer”
d. "The World’s Largest Spherical Bubble"
e. "The Most People Encapsulated in a Bubble" totaling at 181 people in segmented chambers (video below)
4. The Gazillion Bubble Show was only supposed to be in NY for nine performances, this past October it hit the 3,000 mark.
5. The Gazillion Bubble Show has been featured on more national TV that any other show on or off-Broadway.
Appearances include: The Oprah Winfrey Show, The David Letterman Show, Live with Regis and Kelly, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Steve Harvey Show, The Queen Latifah Show, The View, CBS Sunday Morning, The Wendy Williams Show, Bethenny, Dr. Oz Show and local television stations around the world.
Many celebrities have been “bubble-ized” including Ashton Kutcher, Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Halle Berry, Julia Roberts, Chris Rock, Debra Messing, Matt Damon, Faith Hill, Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield, Alyssa Milano, Heidi Klum and Seal, Peter Dinklage, Perez Hilton, Adam Sandler, Bethenny Frankel, Swizz Beats, Liam Neeson, Patrick Wilson, Bruce Willis and Chris Rock.
Start your 2015 off with a visit to see the world-wide phenomenon ‘The Gazillion Bubble Show’ at New World Stages.