The Jersey Boys “Welcome to Jersey” Video ContestOfficial Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States.
1. How to Enter. To enter the “Welcome to Jersey” Video Contest (“Contest”), go to Sponsor’s page on Facebook, located at www.facebook.com/broadwaybox (“Sponsor’s Page”), read the Official Rules, and follow the links and instructions to enter the Contest. In order to enter the Contest, entrants must post on Sponsor’s Page your original video (“Video”) that shows you performing the Tommy DeVito opening monologue from the Broadway show “Jersey Boys” (“Monologue”) in your best ‘Jersey’ accent (the “Theme”). You must post the Video with the hashtags #jerseyboysprize and #contest. The Monologue script and a video tutorial on ‘Jersey’ accents will be made available on Sponsor’s Page for entrants’ reference. All entry information and Videos shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below. Limit one (1) Submission per registered Facebook account. All terms and conditions of Facebook.com apply. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission is entrant’s own creation; (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (d) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate written consent (which shall be provided to Sponsor upon request thereof) to be filmed and used as permitted herein. Entrants have a limited license to perform the Monologue for the sole purpose of creating and uploading a Submission into this Contest.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time on October 15, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on October 29, 2014.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of BroadwayBox, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering, each entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
• The Submission must be in English.
• The length of the Submission must be limited to the length of the Monologue.
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
• The Submission must not in any disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party;
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
• The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
5. Winner Determination. Between October 30, 2014 and November 12, 2014, all eligible Submissions will be judged by a representative of Sponsor with the requisite knowledge and experience to apply the Judging Criteria (as defined herein). All Submissions will be judged based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) accuracy with respect to the Theme (60%); and (b) originality (40%). A representative of Sponsor will compile a shortlist of five (5) video entries based on the Judging Criteria. On or about November 12, 2014 Richard H. Blake (or in the event of unavailability, another member of the current Broadway Jersey Boys cast) will select a potential winning Submission from the shortlist based on the Judging Criteria. In the event of a tie, the highest score in the “accuracy” category will determine the potential winner.
6. Prize(s). One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) Jersey Boys Prize Pack consisting of assorted Jersey Boys merchandise, and two (2) ticket vouchers to The Jersey Boys on Broadway, to be redeemed for two (2) tickets to select Tuesday-Thursday performances of The Jersey Boys on dates through February 26, 2015, subject to availability and as determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Grand Prize may be subject to blackout dates, including but not limited to December 21, 2014 through January 2, 2015. All details of tickets awarded, including choice of show, show time, and seating are to be determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If winner is not available to attend the show on the date determined by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. All voucher terms and conditions apply. Winner’s companion must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older, unless such winner is companion’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the performance. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Jersey Boys Prize pack: $200. ARV of ticket vouchers: $255. Total ARV of Grand Prize: $455. Actual retail value will depend upon fluctuations in seating price, as applicable. Winner will not receive difference between approximate and actual retail value. Grand Prize is non-transferable. In the case of unavailability of the Grand Prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes related to the Grand Prize are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All other expenses not specified as part of Grand Prize description, including without limitation transportation costs to and from the show and accommodation in New York, are solely the winner’s responsibility and Sponsor will not reimburse winner and his/her guest for any expenses incurred beyond the value of the vouchers not expressly provided for herein.
7. Notification. Potential winner will be notified by Facebook Private Message on or about November 17, 2014 and potential winner will be required to message Sponsor within five (5) calendar days in order to claim their prize. Potential winner may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of prize notification. Additionally, potential winner may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook Inc., and their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to any Facebook account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register on the platform will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 17, 2014 to: BroadwayBox, Inc, 729 7th Avenue, 7th Floor, NY, NY 10019, Attention: Lauren Roundtree.
14. Sponsor. BroadwayBox, Inc. 1619 Broadway, 9th Floor, 10019
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK.