The Last Ship Tickets
Discount Offers on The Last Ship Tickets
Sting joins the cast as 'Jackie White' December 9, 2014 - January 24, 2015
Sorry, this show has closed.
About The Last Ship - On Broadway
- Running Time
- 2 hours and 30 minutes (with 1 intermission)
- Oct 26, 2014
- Jan 24, 2015
The Last Ship Reviews
- This is a grown-up musical the way Sting is a grown-up musician - offering literate, haunting ballads and well-crafted, pop-folky barnburners.
- Elisabeth Vincentelli, New York Post
- Sting brings it. The pop god delivers his A-game in 'The Last Ship.' The rich and lively score, which includes two songs from earlier solo work, courses with meaning and emotion.
- Joe Dziemianowicz, New York Daily News
- 'The Last Ship' has some powerful performances, some outstanding songs, real heart and a creative team that uses every inch of the stage in thrilling ways.
- Mark Kennedy, Associated Press
The Last Ship tells the story of a group of shipyard workers who are inspired by a local Priest to build their own ship once their own shipyard has been shut down. The workers then decide to set sail on a voyage around the world. The story was inspired by Sting's own childhood memories growing up in the Newcastle area before he rose to fame as the frontman of the band The Police. The script was also inspired by the singer's solo album 'The Soul Cages' which was released in 1990 following the death of his father. features music by Sting and a book by John Logan & Brian Yorkey. The production is being directed by Joe Mantello.
The Last Ship News
Cast & Creative
Powered by Tech the Tech®
Discount tickets for Broadway shows, attractions, and much more.Get Discount Alerts
© 2002 2018 BroadwayBox, Inc.
BroadwayBox.com®, BroadwayBox® and Tech the Tech® are trademarks of BroadwayBox, Inc.