The Nance Tickets
Discount Offers on The Nance Tickets
Sorry, this show has closed.
About The Nance - On Broadway
In the world of 1930’s burlesque, a nance was a wildly popular character, a stereotypically camp homosexual man, most times played by a straight performer. In The Nance, playwright Douglas Carter Beane tells the story of Chauncey Miles (to be played by Nathan Lane), a headline nance performer in New York burlesque, who also happens to be a homosexual. Integrating burlesque sketches into his drama, Beane paints, with humor and pathos, the portrait of a homosexual man, living and working in the secretive and dangerous gay world of 1930’s New York, whose outrageous antics on the burlesque stage stand in marked contrast to his messy offstage life.
2013 Tony Award Nominations for 'The Nance'The Nance won three Tony awards out of 5 Tony nominations
- John Lee Beatty TONY AWARD WINNER for 'Best Scenic Design of a Play'
- Leon Rothenberg TONY AWARD WINNER for 'Best Sound Design of a Play'
- Ann Roth TONY AWARD WINNER for 'Best Costume Design of a Play
- Nathan Lane nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play
- Japhy Weideman nominated for Best Lighting Design of a Play
Discount tickets for Broadway shows, attractions, and much more.Get Discount Alerts
BroadwayBox.com is a trademark of BroadwayBox, Inc.
Receive exclusive theater offers from us directly to your inbox. As new Broadway and Off-Broadway discounts are available, we will send them your way!
You can change your alert subscription options at any time.
You are now signed up for BroadwayBox discount alerts.
You can change manage your subscription options at any time.