We Will Rock You:
We Will Rock You plays at Dominion Theatre
268-269 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7AQ
Seating chart & directions
We Will Rock You
the Queen musical by Ben Elton and the band continues to rock the West End... uninterrupted since May 14th, 2002
200 years in the future globalisation has succeeded, everywhere on iPlanet, kids watch the same movies, wear the same fashions and think the same thoughts. It's a safe, happy, Ga Ga world. Unless you're a rebel. Unless you want to Rock.
We Will Rock You Information
We Will Rock You
tells the story of Planet Mall, where all musical instruments are banned. The company computers generate the tunes and the kids download them. It is an age of boy bands and of girl bands. Of boy and girl bands with a couple of boys in them that look like girls anyway. Nothing is left to chance, hits are scheduled years in advance. But resistance is growing. Underneath the gleaming cities, down in the lower depths live the Bohemians. Rebels who believe that there was once a Golden Age when the kids formed their own bands and wrote their own songs. They call that time, The Rhapsody.
Legend persists that somewhere on Planet Mall instruments still exist. Somewhere, the mighty axe of a great and hairy guitar god lies buried deep in rock. The Bohemians. Is the one who calls himself Galileo that man? But the Ga Ga Cops are also looking for Galileo and if they get him first they will surely drag him before the Killer Queen and consign him to oblivion across the Seven Seas of Rye. Who is Galileo? Where is the Hairy One's lost axe? Where is the place of living rock?
We Will Rock You London Cast
We Will Rock you is the 9th longest running show in the West End. The cast of this current We Will Rock You London includes:
- Kevin Kennedy as Pop, the old librarian who tries to find out when "exact date the music died".
- Alasdair Harvey as Commander Khashoggi, head of the police, who carries out Killer Queen's unpleasant work.
- Oliver Tompset as Galileo, the main character of the We will Rock You musical, a dreamer and reference to "Bohemian Rhapsody" song and an incarnation of Freddy Mercury.
- Rachael Wooding as Scaramouche, Galileo's sarcastic and cynical love interest.
- Brenda Edwards as Killer Queen.
- Wayne Robinson as Brit, one of the main Bohemian rebels.
- Rachel John as Meat, one of the female Bohemian rebels.
How to Get to the Dominion Theatre
We Will Rock You plays at the Dominion Theatre, in 2005 the show became the longest running musical at the Dominion Theatre, and the show keeps rocking.
The Dominion Theatre is located on the junction of Tottenham Court Road, Charing Cross Road and Oxford Street. The Theatre is located directly above Tottenham Court Road tube station (Central and Northern Lines), and walking distance from Charing Cross and Euston mainline stations.
We Will Rock You Awards and Nominations
We Will Rock you has received among others, the following awards:
- Theatregoer's Choice Awards, UK 2003: Best New Musical, Best Actor in a Musical, Best Actress in a Musical, Best Supporting Actress in a Musical, Best Director.
- Capital Gold Radio Legends Award, UK: Best Live Performance of the Year (2003)
- Nominated for the Olivier Awards, UK 2003 in the category Most Popular Show, Audience Award.
Cheap We Will Rock You Tickets and Discount Offers
BroadwayBox offers cheap We Will Rock You tickets and London discount deals for London shows. BroadwayBox offers you We Will Rock You ticket discounts so that you have a wonderful experience in London's West End. Don't miss your chance to see We Will Rock You, a celebration of Queen music.
We Will Rock You London movie clip: