This Motown Mom Video Will Turn You Into a Puddle at Your Desk
July 1st, 2014
by Josh Ferri
Afftene and Kwanfari had no idea that a Christmas gift for their mom, Lysanias Taylor, could have snowballed into one of the most momentous days of their lives. Click below to see what happens when Motown creator and Motown founder Berry Gordy teams up with the Today Show gang to make one family’s Broadway dreams come true.
Seven Moments to Pay Attention To On Your Second Viewing:1. This all started as the daughters’ way to force their single mom to take a much-needed vacation.
2. Lysanias’ tearful reaction is so sincere and moving.
3. These ladies were treated to a private concert at the Today Show. And then Berry Gordy comes out with flowers and kisses. Wildness!
4. Can you even imagine sitting with Motown’s Berry Gordy to watch Motown?!
5. We loved Krystal Joy Brown’s reaction when Lysanias got on the mic. Get it girl.
6. The backstage meet and greet was so joyful. It was like Lysanias was Aretha Franklin.
7. Read this beautiful letter by Broadway actor Pamela Bob that helped Lysanias catch the Today Show’s attention, and then watch the video again.
Experience all the joy and heart of Motown for yourself at Broadway’s Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.