Phantom, Mermaid & Millie: It's All in the Set List with The Paths Not Taken Star Laura Osnes
December 8th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
The path Laura Osnes took led her to become one of Broadway’s biggest stars—a two-time Tony nominee whose Main Stem credits include Grease, Cinderella, Bonnie & Clyde, South Pacific and Anything Goes. But what about the path she didn’t take? In her exciting new 54 Below show The Paths Not Taken (Dec 9-15), Osnes revisits shows, roles and songs that didn’t work out for one reason or another. BroadwayBox caught up with the delightful leading lady for a 10-question interview in which she had to respond to each question with a song from the set list to The Paths Not Taken.
1. Song to describe growing up:
"Part Of Your World"—Basically every girl's staple song from childhood.
2. Song to describe your relationship with New York City:
"Far From The Home I Love." Just kidding! Actually "Not For The Life of Me" is much more accurate.
3. Song to describe your ride from You’re the One That I Want to two-time Tony nominee:
"Let Me Be Your Star"
4. Song that describes hubby Nathan Johnson:
"Heather On The Hill"
5. Song that from your set that is the most personal:
Probably "Heather On The Hill" again
6. Song from a role that looking back you wish you had taken:
7. Song to describe the holiday season:
"I Could Have Danced All Night"
8. Song to describe your typical Saturday night:
"Popular." Also kidding... If I'm not in a show, I'll be at home on my couch watching Master Chef with Nate.
9. Song to describe your fans:
10. Song you’d use as the Laura Osnes theme song:
"Look With Your Heart"
See Laura Osnes explore ‘The Paths Not Taken’ at 54 Below December 9 through 15