Five Burning Questions with It Could Be Worse Star and Co-Creator Wesley Taylor
July 17th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
1. If you had to Tweet us (140 characters) a reason why It Could Be Worse season two is going to kick ass and blow our minds:
Many new colorful characters are about to humiliate and antagonize poor Jacob Gordon.
2. When did you and Mitchell Jarvis connect? Was there a moment during Rock of Ages where you realized this person is going to be important in my life?
Thinking back six years ago, when we met doing ROA off-bway, no I don't think I ever would have imagined we would be so closely connected all these years later.
I couldn't do any of this without Mitch. He is flooded with ideas on a regular basis and constantly wants to talk about future projects. He is one of those special people who values story-telling above anything else, even being in the spotlight. We bicker a lot, like a married couple. But I think by regularly challenging each other, we create good work.
3. You got to play one of my favorite characters in literature, Tales of the City’s Michael Tolliver; what literary character do you most relate to in your real life?
I got some angsty Holden Caulfield with some dark streaks of Dorian Gray and the drive of Sherlock Holmes. When I was a kid, I wanted to be Huck Finn. F**k it, I'm Lolita.
4. We see a lot of Wes Taylor thanks to your frequent collaboration with The Skivvies. What’s your #1 workout tip for people who want that body?
I love carbs and sugar but if you wanna look good naked...What's that saying? 'Every time you eat bread, Ryan Gosling is sad'?
5. This or That:
• Marilyn or Morticia: Morticia
• Favorite Golden Girl: Bea Arthur
• Ultimate breakup album: Jagged Little Pill or 21? I'm gonna go with Alanis because Jagged Little Pill was one of the first CDs I ever bought. When you're nine years old, break-ups can be brutal.
• New York or LA: Love-hate relationship with both cities, but home is New York.
• Go-to cocktail: Rarely drink cocktails. I feel like these questions were designed for a woman. Is it because I said I'm Lolita?
Now clear your schedule to binge watch Wesley Taylor in all of ‘It Could Be Worse’ season one and the season two premiere, now on Hulu.