20 Random Thoughts We Had While Watching Idina Menzel’s “Always Starting Over” Music Video
November 19th, 2014
by Josh Ferri
It’s no secret that the BroadwayBox team is a huge fan of the If/Then cast recording/score. So when the show debuted the new music video to “Always Starting Over,” we were ready! Some background on the moment: Idina’s character just suffered a loss and this is the 11 o’clock number for the Tony-winning leading lady. So here are 20 random thoughts we had the first time we watched it (confession: we’ve watched it four times since).
- My apartment needs exposed brick like what’s behind by Carmel Dean.
- Oh nice, they are going to split between the show and the studio.
- Double Idina—love it. (:23) She should do Side Show with herself.
- James Snyder is so darn handsome. Oh wait, this is a serious song; back to seriousness.
- The “Always do” at :39 seconds is really nice.
- Oh yeah, I really do like this song. (:54)
- Holy smokes, Idina is doing a killer job acting in this show b-roll; did she win any awards for this role? #Robbed
- Yes ma’am! Here it is. (1:26)
- You know, not every star could pull off her big, big number in a t-shirt and cardigan.
- I need to see If/Then live again
- Wow that 1:54 cut was everything. So fierce.
- Have they been sitting on this video since the recording last year or did they bring her back for this?
- Brian Yorkey’s lyrics are really strong.
- For such a big belter, her quieter, smaller moments are always really beautiful too.
- Hear it comes, Elsa (3:30)
- That living…I’m liiiiiviing. (3:47)
- Her voice is so distinct. This is what a career is made of.
- She sings this eight times a week? My God.
- Tongue out singing—that’s how you make those sounds. Could have been useful to know back in my community theatre days/my Idina sing alongs in my car.
- I’m just going to press repeat on this for a few.
Idina Menzel stars in 'If/Then' at the Richard Rodgers Theatre.